♥ A day in the life of Nick Fury ♥
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
This post is the reason I started watching Pushing Daisies and I encourage everyone to do the same
Please for the love of god watch this show.
I’m still bitter they cancelled it.
Do you think Steve will ever forgive himself for the fact that when he was the one falling, Bucky jumped?
mads mikkelsen’s micro-acting translates across all platforms - "platonic"
Chris Evans behind the scenes of Captain America: The First Avenger
Simon Pegg and Amanda Abbington are having Cumberbatch dirty sex talk, please never stop.
Such sodsI guess I’m just an ungrateful shit-stirrer, but, um, publicly tweeting explicit, albeit joking, RPF self-insertion (pun!) slash about a celebrity friend is totes okay…however, writing on a fandom/fanfic site about Sherlock and John getting romantic and sexy is disrespectful to Benedict and Martin? Simon is a close, close friend, and obviously Amanda is Martin’s lifepartner/spouse, so is that what makes the difference? Or is it only different when a famous man initiates it and a famous woman has really witty comebacks? The mental image won’t upset Simon’s children? Or Amanda’s? Or Benedict’s, if he ever has any? I mean, it’s not weird or off-putting to Ben for a woman to publicly write about Ben’s friend and fellow actor penetrating him, as long as the woman is his pal and part of the in-gang, not some virginal teenager or unknown housewife? Or maybe….hmmm….maybe people of all types write things like this because it’s fun, or funny, or interesting, or sexy, or a momentary diversion, and nobody actually intends or wishes to disrespect the actors in the first place. Just thinking out loud, here, not trying to criticize Simon or Amanda; merely pointing out alternative readings based on previous discussions and concerns that have been made public before.
It would seem quite a few people are ticked off by this blatant double standard.
Holy shit, I’m disappointed in myself for not even realizing this. Now I am kind of angry. :(